One Room Challenge time!!!! Woohoo! After watching many of my favorite designers complete rooms for the past few years, I was so happy when the stars aligned and allowed me to do a room as a guest contributor this time around. 20 featured participants and 200 guest participants will be making over a space in 6 weeks and documenting it from start to finish. Go to Calling It Home to see all of the other amazing spaces as they are transformed week by week.
My husband and I have been renting for the past few years as we look for our next home to renovate. So far, changes to this rental consisted of painting the terrible puke tan walls in the living room, kitchen, and dining room a light gray. And the walls in the bathroom were an even worse shade of brown that were transformed to a nice navy.
After painting the rest of the house, I ran out of steam…and paint…and never got around to finishing the master bedroom. Two years later, it still looks like this:
1. I will be painting the back wall of the bedroom, behind the bed, a dark teal. I went back and forth a lot between a dark teal and an evergreen but my love for teal runs deep and won out in the end.
2. I have been keeping an eye out for a wood dresser (fingers crossed that I can find one as nice as this!) but there is someone in Jacksonville taking all of the good ones and terribly distressing them:(
3. Monstera plant cause duh!
4. I will be hacking these IKEA nightstands since they are small enough to fit the narrow space between the bed and the wall.
6. I have been hoarding two matching vintage seascapes that I will hang on either side of the bed.
7. I have been eyeing a nice gray linen duvet cover and this H & M one is lovely
Also, I will be draping the window with white curtains the width of the bed which will keep that wall from being too dark.
I can’t wait to go see everyone else’s projects! The ones that were announced by the featured participants yesterday are going to be fantastic and I am excited to see what my fellow guest participants will bring to the table:)